Saturday, October 13, 2012

Practice, Practice, Practice.





I've always had a love and a passion for photography. Always taking pictures. I always had a disposable camera with me back in the day. Then I finally upgraded to a point and shoot. I tried to compose my pictures better and think more about what I wanted to capture. I LOVED digital. Loved that I could immediately see my picture after I took it.

And last year, my sweet husband bought me a DSLR! I skimmed through the camera's manuel to get the basic camera functions down, but I learn better by just doing. So I took about 1000 pictures of my dogs. Every day. For about a year. 

 I wanted to know more. Do more. So my thoughtful husband bought me my first prime lens: a 50mm 1.8 and I love it. It rarely comes off my camera.
I'd eventually love to buy more wonderful lenses, but if you know anything about prime lenses, you know they are pricey! So I'm trying to patient, making the most out of my lens right now and just learn!

So I scoured the internet and read articles and blogs. I still have lots to learn, but I'm really trying to pursue photography as more than a hobby. 

So I went to a photography workshop with my new friend Alina last weekend. The woman who did the workshop is Sally Manlove and she is awesome. Check out her page here! 





Caution!!!

If you do not want to see an obnoxious amount of pictures of my dog and my son, 
then move on!


So I'm posting these for your enjoyment and just to document my progress. Okay, okay, and maybe to get some encouragement (or constructive criticism!) 




































                                     



















No comments:

Post a Comment