Friday, October 26, 2012

Nothing too exciting going on here.


 Just every day life. 

Jon's days have been a litte longer this week; they are getting a new system at work so they have to be trained. Usually he's home by 1:30. This week he's not home until 4:30. I miss our afternoons and I think Samuel does, too! But hey, more hours = more $$$. 

That we can save.

Not spend... :) 

Really, I just want to buy all the adorable little sweaters for Samuel. 

And maybe some boots for me. 

As weird as it might sound, I'm just really excited to have a budget again. To have some structure. To have my husband text me back and say "No, Samuel doesn't really need that adorable hat and glove set or the cutest little elephant costume you've ever seen." 

Instead of just surviving. Instead of relying on the government to provide our food and getting judgmental stares at the grocery store because we want to buy a little ice cream with our food stamp card.  (side note: I am very thankful that we had help at the time. It's a good thing, but like most good things, it must come to and end and it gets abused. We are excited to be getting back on our feet and support ourselves. Although, we will still rely on the government for our health insurance because Jon's part-time job [at 39 hours a week] doesn't offer it. So very thankful for that as well. Even though it may be a broken system, it's a system. It's better than most of the world.)

Well, anyway....

I'm just excited to have some structure back. I think I've been in a funk lately. I really think I get like that when I don't have a schedule. I remember when I used to work at Starbucks...my most productive days would be the ones when I had opened the store at 5:30 am and worked 8 hours. Since I was already up and out, I'd run all my errands and be jacked up on coffee so I'd do laundry and cook dinner and clean and just go, go, go. My days off...I stayed in my pjs and watched reality tv all day and had cookies for lunch. 

I don't have a typical job now. I don't work Monday through Friday. I work every day. No days off. No sick days. No vacation. Long hours. Most days I'm tired. The boss is demanding. But it pays well...






....it pays in smiles and giggles.






.....it pays in slobbery kisses and cute gibberish. 





Yeah, my boss is pretty cute.... 




















Some days will go smoothly. 

Others not so much.

But I rely on grace and the never-ending, overflowing love of Christ. I let that flow through me daily so I might raise this sweet child in the way the Lord sees right. 

Plus, my co-worker is pretty cute, too ;)



So I think I like this job the best. I think I'll keep it forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment