Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Week One of No Poo




Here I go!





Day 1/Wednesday: Scalp burned a little. Probably the sores on my head from scratching my dry scalp :( Used all of both mixtures. Only did ACV rinse on ends of hair so my hair didn't get too greasy. Letting air dry. Hair smells like vinegar. Most definitely need some essential oil (I'm thinking lavender or peppermint!) Hair does feel nice and clean though! (The vinegar smell goes away completely when your hair is dry! I let mine air dry. The dryer is not my friend.)

Day 2/Thursday: Didn't wash hair. No need. Hair still really soft and clean! A bit of a poof ball since I didn't use any product on it yesterday. Wasn't sure if I was "supposed" to? Still learning.*

Day 3/Friday: No wash today. Hair starting to feel oily at roots for sure, but its different...my hair still feels clean and it doesn't feel weighed down. Not too super gross yet ;) I will probably just wear a headband.



Day 3

Day 3


Day 4/Saturday: Roots very oily. Comb hair a little to distribute some of the oils (not grease...this is just the excess oil my hair is still producing) Most of my hair still feels very clean, although laying more flat and kind of static prone.

Day 5/Sunday: Okay, I've gone as long as I could! Definitely read for clean hair. Mixed my "shampoo" and "conditioner". Did a little less than 1 tbsp of baking soda- developed some sores on the nape of my neck. I think it was due to a few things: maybe too much baking soda for my sensitive skin, and I used the whole mixture and dumped it on my head last time. This time I used a squirt bottle to get it mostly on my scalp and I only used half of my mixture. For my vinegar rinse, I added some grapefruit oil. My hair feels amazing and CLEAN. Let's see if I can go another 4 or 5 days!

Day 6/Monday: Hair still feels clean. Lots of static today though!

Day7/Tuesday: Hair is starting to feel oily, and a lot faster than after my last wash. Hmm...

Day8/Wednesday (today): Wow, what a long week. My hair is a complete grease ball today :( Yuck! Pulled it back and trying to remember this is normal for the transition phase. I may wash again tonight. Going 3 days between washes is pretty good, but I hope this transition phase is over soon!

I should also say that I do still shower daily. I promise. I do try not to get my hair wet because the vinegar smell reactivates. But I've also read it's good to do water rinses so you can still scrub your scalp to help remove dirt and germs. So maybe I will try that!

*Note: I did find that most people still use products on their hair like normal if need be. The key is to make sure you scrub your scalp when you wash because the scrubbing is what really cleans your hair! 


Sorry for the lack of pictures. I forgot most days! I'm sticking with this for at least a few more weeks.


I may need to invest in some super cute headbands soon, though! 




No comments:

Post a Comment