Wednesday, January 30, 2013

YOU GUYS.




I have a confession...














I POO'D! (For those of you just joining, pretty please refer back to my earlier posts here and here so you know that I am in fact not talking about those bathroom habits...)


Okay, I know it's not the worst thing. But I am kicking myself now because I think my hair is freaking out a little. 

I'll be honest, though, I kind of freaked out a little. My hair was doing slightly better the 2nd week, which was so good! But then I remembered I had a hair appointment soon. I did read that one wash wouldn't hurt your hair. I also read about a woman's experience in a salon that was....stinky. 

Literally. The hairdresser spritzed her hair down with water, which reactivated the vinegar smell! I'd be slightly embarrassed. 

So I poo'd. And I went to the salon. And I let her wash my hair (it had been a long week of sickness in our house and I couldn't resist those few minutes of someone massaging my scalp, okay?!) It was so nice. And I love my new haircut, by the way. I will post a picture at the end!

Back home I go to my No Poo habits. I wash my hair with my baking soda and vinegar rinse, no problem. Hair is nice and clean. Until the VERY NEXT DAY. My hair was a grease ball already! So sad.

I'm sticking with this though, I tell ya! I want it to work! I am a little nervous it might not work quite as well with my new short hair. But that may be partially due to the fact that I can't stop running my fingers through it because I love how it feels! :)

I'll give you a quick rundown of the last 2 weeks to let you know where I am today!





Day 8/Wednesday: Washed hair tonight. Upped baking soda back up to 1 tablespoon in 1 cup warm water. Added about 1/2 tablespoon of honey to help with static. Used all solution this time since my scalp was super oily. And I watered down my ACV and added an extra drop or two of my grapefruit essential oil. Sprayed only on ends; Super soft! My scalp was pretty dry so I spritzed a tiny bit on my roots and combed through. Pat my hair down with a soft cotton Tshirt and let air dry. Kinda poofy. But feels so good and clean!

Day 13/Monday: Yeah, I went 5 days! My hair was pulled up a lot :) But slightly less greasy looking. Did the normal ratios, but only used half my "shampoo"- my hair is still dry and flaky, even with the tea tree oil. So I used a little more conditioner towards my roots.

Day 15/Wednesday: This was the day I did it. I poo'd. I used the last product I purchased before going No Poo (this stuff) which, come to find out, is NOT organic like the product name suggested. Anyway, of course my hair felt glorious and smelled wonderful.

Day 16/Thursday: Hair appointment day. I let my hair be washed again. 2 days in a row. It felt so nice. But it completely defeated the purpose of this journey. Kicking myself now.

Day 19/Sunday: Although my hair was an awful mess by the day after my hair cut, I had nowhere to be so I waited until today to start my No Poo regimen again. I used probably about 1/4 cup of my shampoo compared to my usual 1 cup. My scalp was so dry, yet my hair greasy. Frustrating! So I was a little more liberal with the vinegar rinse on my scalp this time. Just trying to get it balanced!

Day 22/Wednesday: Today. My hair is doing ever so slightly better. I still think part of the greasiness is because I literally can not stop running my hands through my new short hair. I LOVE it so much! So at least I love something about this week ;)


So there you have it. A little backtracking, but I think I'll be okay. I'm excited to see if and/or how my short hair will change anything about my routine. 

We shall see!

Sorry for the terrible quality...Iphone pic :)









No comments:

Post a Comment